Traditional metal braces can be unsightly, but you are no longer restricted to orthodontic therapy with braces. Consider using clear aligners to straighten your teeth instead. What exactly are the advantages of clear aligners? Continue reading to find out.
1. Deter Decay
- Brushing and flossing regularly will keep food particles from lurking between your teeth.
- Otherwise, the food particles will remain in your mouth with the bacteria. The plaque will form as a result of the bacteria feeding on the food particles. Tartar can form as plaque hardens. Tartar can cause gum disease, cavities, and other dental problems.
- Your transparent aligners will close the gap between your teeth. You can close the unsightly gaps between your teeth. Food particles will have a more difficult time concealing themselves. Brushing and flossing will be easier as a result.
2. Avoid Gum Disease
If you have difficulty brushing and flossing, your risk of gum disease may increase. Gum disease symptoms may include:
- Breath that stinks,
- Gums that are red or swollen,
- Chewing discomfort,
- When you bite down, your teeth’s fit changes,
- Gums that are receding from your teeth,
- Teeth that are loose,
- If left untreated, gum disease can progress to its advanced form, periodontal disease,
- Periodontal disease affects more than 45 percent of persons over the age of 30,
- Periodontal disease, in fact, worsens with age and affects around 70% of persons over the age of 65. Orthodontic therapy can help close gaps between your teeth,
- Remember that brushing and flossing will be easier, and gum disease can be avoided.
3. Easy dental care
- Cleaning traditional braces is a real challenge. Metal brackets and wires make some areas challenging to clean with a toothbrush and floss,
- Traditional braces can create the need for additional decalcification work,
- After treatment, when the brackets are taken off, white patches start to appear,
- Conversely, dental care can be done as part of a regular practise while using clear aligners,
- They are simple to remove and rinse with water from the faucet,
- Using a baby toothbrush and toothpaste with soft bristles will help keep aligners clean,
- It aids in stopping the formation of bacteria inside the aligners,
- Despite taking precautions, persons wearing conventional metal braces still get sores and ulcers. This is a result of the metal wires and brackets’ textured outer surfaces.
- As a result of constant contact between this abrasive surface and the lips, cheeks, or tongue, painful and irritating abrasions result,
- In contrast, clear aligners involves the use of invisible aligners that are custom-fitted around the teeth and gums to lower the risk of mouth sores,
- The braces’ smooth ends also help prevent unpleasant cuts, which are extremely common with metal braces.
4. Avoid Jaw Stress
- Your likelihood of experiencing a problem with your jaw alignment may rise if your teeth aren’t straight.
- If you clench your jaw, you might start to feel pain, nausea, and migraines. Some patients also experience ear issues.
- Your teeth can be straightened to help you prevent problems in the future.
5. Boost Absorption
- Your ability to chew properly may suffer if your teeth aren’t straight.
- When we don’t chew our meals, inadequate chewing of our meals can cause intestinal problems.
- With clear aligners, you can take them off before meals.
- Then, you can eat all your favorite meals whenever you want.
- Additionally, it would be simpler for you to obtain the nutrients you require from your food.
6. Clear speech
- It can be difficult to talk effectively if your teeth are crooked and out of alignment,
- Some patients start speaking with a lisp or speech impediment,
- Discuss with your orthodontist regarding clear aligners,
- You can speak more clearly if your teeth are straight,
- You can save yourself from awkward social situations and stay confident as a result.
7. Sleep Comfortably
- If your teeth are not properly aligned, you may begin grinding your teeth while sleeping.
- Some people also develop sleep apnoea.
- Your health may suffer if you do not get enough sleep each night. For example, you may find it difficult to concentrate during the day.
- Straightening your teeth with clear aligners will allow you to sleep better.
8. Prevent Grinding
- If your teeth are crooked, you may begin grinding them without realising it.
- Bruxism is another term for teeth grinding and can result in headaches.
- It can also cause the protective enamel of your teeth to wear away over time.
- Your enamel’s purpose is to protect your teeth from deterioration, and enamel does not grow back.
9. Reduced treatment times
- The treatment time is shorter than with other braces appliances.
- The comprehensive treatment normally takes 18 months to complete.
- Orthodontic emergencies are one of the many drawbacks of conventional braces.
- Even yet, the majority of patients encounter one or two broken brackets at some time throughout their orthodontic treatment.
- You can reduce the risk by adhering to your orthodontist’s advice regarding which foods to avoid
- You don’t have to worry about the clear aligners breaking because they are sturdy.
10. Accuracy and virtually invisible
- The best aspect of aligner therapy is that it is planned and done digitally, which means that orthodontists take digital impressions of patients and plan treatment accordingly.
- This gives them an accurate route map from which they can track and follow up without error.
- Before clear aligners, many adults desired straighter teeth but were frightened off by the possibility of traditional metal braces.
- No one wants to bring attention to the fact that they are getting orthodontic treatment, and metal braces do just that.
- Patients believed their crooked teeth were less obvious and embarrassing than metal braces, so they lived with unsatisfactory smiles.
- For anyone needing orthodontic treatment, clear aligners are a game changer.
- People won’t even notice you’re using aligners because they’re constructed of thin, translucent plastic that’s nearly undetectable.
- You can achieve the gorgeous smile you’ve always desired without drawing attention to the fact that your teeth are being straightened.